Dr. Carney is a medical graduate of Sydney University (MB BS. BSc(Med) Hons). He completed his Fellowship to the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and nephrology training at Grooteschuur Hospital in Cape Town, South Africa.
He is a law graduate and Fellow of the Australian College of Legal Medicine with expertise in medical law particularly medical negligence.
He has had academic involvement as a Senior Lecturer at the Australian National University Medical School, the Australian National University Law School, and was Warden of the Queensland University satellite Medical School based in Canberra.
Dr. Carney has practiced Renal Medicine in the ACT and South Eastern New South Wales for over 34 years, with an extensive medical practice in dialysis, kidney transplantation, general nephrology and internal medicine.
He is Medical Director of the Yorke Dialysis Unit, and the Principal at Access Nephrology.
- Immunological Function in Glomerulonephritis
G.M Carney, R.S Walls, C.R.P George, J.E Payne, R.C Newland, J.R Lawrence, Aust. N.Z. Med. 10 502 1980.
- Immune Function in Glomerulonephritis
G.M Carney, R.S Walls, C.R.P George, J.E Payne, R.C Newland, J.R Lawrence. Kidney International 18 p. 530, 1980.
- Immunological Abnormalities in Glomerulonephritis
R.S Walls, G.M Carney, C.R.P George, J.E Payne, R.C Newland, J.R Lawrence, Pathology 12 (2) p.305, 1980.
- Effect of Propanolol on Parathyroid Hormone in Haemodialysis Patients.
G.M Carney, R. van Zyl Smit, M.D Pascoe, J Coetzee, Kidney International 18 p.530, 1980.
- Clinicopathological Conference, Groote Schuur Hospital.
“Maunchausen Syndrome & Analgesic Abuse”
G.M Carney; South African Medical Journal 60 pp. 824-827, 1981.
- Malakoplakia: A Case Report& Review of the Renal Manifestations & Immunology.
G.M Carney, J. Favre, S. Price.
South African Medical Journal 60, pp. 834-827, 1981.
- Affinity of Tetanus Toxoid Antibody in Glomerulonephritis
R.S Walls, Pamela Godfrey, R.C Newland, G.M Carney& J.R Lawrence. Clinical Immunology& Immunopathology 24 pp. 409-417, 1982.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis & Hereditary Angioedema.
Ian J.S. Duncan, Kathleen E. Tymms, Gavin M. Carney, J Rheumatol 15, pp. 700 – 702, 1988.
- Effects of Altitude on Atrial Naturetic Peptide.
Terry Tunny, James Van Gelder, Richard D. Gordon, Shelly A. Klemm, Stephen M. Hamlet, Wendy L. Finn, Gavin M. Carney, Carol Brandmaher.
Clinical & Experimental Pharmacology & Physiology 16, pp. 287 – 291, 1989.
- Renal Disease & Occupational Exposure to Hydrocarbons.
D. Douglas, G. M. Carney, 1995 Combined Scientific Meeting, Royal Australasian College of Physicians, 22nd June 1995.
Exposure to asphalt or bitumen fume and Renal Disease (comment), Douglas, D. Carney, G.
Occupational & Environmental Medicine, 55(9): 645-646, 1998 September.
- Management of Patients Following Renal Transplantation.
M. C. Falk, G. M. Carney.
Current Therapeutics 40: p. 32-36, 1999
- Medical Management of Patients on Dialysis
G. M. Carney, M. C. Falk
Current Therapeutics 40: p.37-38, 1999
- Switchover to Generic Cyclosporine in stable Renal Transplant Recipients: A Single Unit Experience
Talaukilar, GS; Gallagher, MP; Carney, Gavin M; Jadeer, Asad; Falk, Michael C; Hiremagalur, Balaji.
Nephrology 9(6), 418-421
- Prolonged Elimination of Everolimus in a Renal Transplant Patient with Systemic Oedema
DM Roberts, GM Carney
Nephrology,vol 14, supp1, sept 2009, A53
- Managing Organ Transplantation, the Ultimate Public Resource
Internal Medical Journal 40(4) 308-309 2010
STATE OF THE ART
- Dialysis Machines
- Dialysis Unit Facilities
- Long-term Satellite Hemodialysis
- Holiday Hemodialysis
MEDICAL MANAGEMENT BY ACCESS NEPHROLOGY
- Non-formulaic individualised dialysis treatment
- Flexible dialysis scheduling
- Quality of your life focus
- Co-operative management with your Physician, General Practitioner and Allied Health
Yorke Dialysis Clinic,
Peter Yorke Building,
Level 3, 173 Strickland Crescent,
DEAKIN ACT 2600
Ph: 02 61536600
Fax: 02 6281 2257